Mueller Sports Medicine Helps Clean-Up H1N1 Flu Virus
Cleaner & Disinfectant Effective Against “Swine” Flu Strain
October 29, 2009 - MUELLER SPORTS MEDICINE, PRAIRIE DU SAC, WI
As media attention surrounding H1N1 escalates, a Wisconsin sports medicine company has the solution to help stop the spread of the deadly virus.
Mueller Sports Medicine, perhaps better known for its Quench® Gum and the black No-Glare® strips worn by football players, has been manufacturing Whizzer® Cleaner & Disinfectant for over 40 years. Whizzer®, a concentrated cleaner and disinfectant, is effective against the 2009 H1N1 flu on hard non-porous surfaces.
The recent global outbreak of H1N1 has highlighted the importance of proper hygiene, including the cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces. The EPA has recently noted that those products currently registered for use against influenza A viruses will be effective on 2009 H1N1 flu strain as well as other influenza A strain virus strains on hard non-porous surfaces.
Whizzer®, which also kills Antibiotic-resistant MRSA (MRSA refers to Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus), HIV-1, Hepatitis B & C and fungus germs on contact, is recommended for use on door knobs, walls, workout equipment, training tables and any hard surface that may come into contact with the bacteria.
As always, for safe and effective use of these products, carefully follow all label instructions. Remember that your first line of defense, per CDC guidelines, is the frequent washing of hands with soap and water. Hard surface disinfectant products like Whizzer® are not for use on the skin.
One ounce of concentrate mixed with water makes a gallon of full-strength disinfectant. One gallon of concentrate makes 128 gallons!
Whizzer® is the perfect cleaner and disinfectant for locker rooms, fitness centers, and hospitals. Use Whizzer® to kill bacteria on floors, walls, athletic training tables, benches, door knobs, shower and bath areas, toilets, counters, athletic equipment, whirlpools and more! Whizzer is a concentrated cleaner that is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria.
Whizzer® kills HIV-1 (AIDS Virus), Hepatitis B & C, Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2, Norwalk Virus, SARS and other viruses. Whizzer is also effective on the 2009 H1N1 flu strain as well as other influenza A strains on hard non-porous surfaces. Kills a broad spectrum of bacteria (including MRSA) and fungus on contact. It's a cleaner, fungicide, mildewstat, virucide and deodorizer all in one! EPA Registered.
- - Staphylococcus aureus Methicillin Resistant (MRSA)
- - Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas)
- - Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)
- - Salmonella choleraesuis (Salmonella)
- - Acinetobacter baumannii (Acinetobacter)
- - Brevibacterium ammoniagenes (Brevibacterium)
- - Campylobacter jejuni (Campylobacter)
- - Enterobacter aerogenes
- - Enterococcus faecalis (Enterococcus)
- - Enterococcus faecalis - Vancomycin Resistant (VRE)
- - Escherichia coli (E. coli)
- - ESBL Escherichia coli - (Extended -spectrum beta-lactamase producing E. coli)
- - Klebsiella pneumoniae (Klebsiella)
- - Legionella Pneumophilia
- - Pseudomonas cepacia (Pseudomonas)
- - Salmonella schottmuelleri (Salmonella)
- - Salmonella typhi (Salmonella)
- - Serratia marcescens
- - Shigella dysenteriae (Shigella)
- - Staphylococcus aureus Multi-Drug Resistant
- - Staphylococcus aureus - Vancomycin Intermediate Resistant (VISA)
- - Streptococcus pyogenes (Strep)
- - Vibrio cholerae
- - Adenovirus Type 5 at 1:32 dilution (4 oz. per gallon of water)
- - Adenovirus Type 7 at 1:32 dilution (4 oz. per gallon of water)
- - Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- - Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- - Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
- - Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
- - HIV-1 (AIDS Virus)
- - Influenza Type A / Brazil (Influenza)
- - Norwalk Virus (Norovirus)
- - Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- - SARS Associated Coronavirus
- - Vaccinia (Pox Virus)
- - Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- - Athlete's Foot Fungus and a cause of Ringworm
- - Aspergillus niger
How To Use Whizzer
- Mix 1 oz. of Whizzer® with each gallon of water. For heavy-duty use, mix 4 oz. of Whizzer® with each gallon of water. To kill Adeno Virus Type 5 and Type 7 use heavy duty dilution.(Prepare a fresh solution daily or more often if the solution becomes visibly dirty or diluted)
- Apply mixed solution to hard, non-porous surfaces, thoroughly wetting with a cloth, mop, sponge, spray or by immersion.
- Treated surfaces must remain wet for 10 minutes.
- Wipe dry with a cloth, sponge or mop and allow to air dry.
- Prepare a fresh solution for each application.
See label for complete instructions. Special instructions apply for specific cleaning and decontaminating needs.
What is MRSA?
MRSA is a bacteria named Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus. This bacteria has been a growing problem for years, particularly in hospitals and nursing homes. But now it's moved into the spotlight after outbreaks have been reported in schools across the nation. Recent reports estimate that there are more than 94,000 MRSA infections in the USA each year.
How To Avoid MRSA
- - Clean commonly touched areas with Whizzer®
- - Wash hands often using soap and water or hand sanitizer
- - Use air blowers or paper towels rather than shared towels
- - Don't share personal items such as soap, razors or clippers
- - Wash linens and clothing in detergent and water for 25 minutes or more
- - Wash injured skin, apply StaphAseptic®